2023 BCSRAOR & BCSRMLS Board Director Application
Positions begin January 1, 2023
The Bryan-College Station Regional Association of REALTORS® & Multiple Listing Service Boards of Directors govern the overall execution of the organization’s mission, establish Board policies and procedures. Principally, the Board manages organizational finances and sets long term priorities for programs, committees and the Multiple Listing Service. The members of the two Boards contribute to the educational, management, legal, and financial skills needed to ensure long term organizational stability and ensure year-to-year excellence for the Bryan-College Station Regional Association of REALTORS® and Multiple Listing Service.
Director terms are for two years. Applicants for the Association Board must be a primary or secondary member of BCSRAOR and shall have at least two (2) years of experience in real estate. Applicants for the MLS Board must be an active subscriber to the BCSRMLS, but are NOT required to be a REALTOR® member of BCSRAOR. Board Member responsibilities on both sides include attendance at monthly in-person meetings, as well as teleconference meetings and active email conversations with other board members and committee chairs, as needed. Attendance policy allows for removal if three meetings are missed without notice.
Declaration of Candidacy
Board positions require personal time and energy commitment that should not be underestimated. Candidates are urged to consider personal priorities for the next two years as well as ways they can contribute to the development of the organization.
Time and Financial Considerations
* Monthly Board Meetings
* Committee Work (Association Directors serve as Liaisons on committees)
* Seven membership luncheons a year. Attendance is not required but certainly encouraged.
* Occasional informal DR meetings.
* One formal DR meeting a year.
TREPAC Support: As with any REALTOR® Board, members will be solicited for investments in TREPAC; 100% participation is sought.
Resources available to prospective director members: Please contact the Association President, MLS President, or Association Executive (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions!
Current members, of the Board of Directors are listed at:
2022 Association Board of Directors
2022 MLS Board of Directors
Applications for both Boards are due no later than Monday, June 27, 2022 by submitting the form below - please remember to hit SUBMIT at the bottom of the form
OUR MISSION STATEMENT: The Bryan-College Station Regional Association of REALTORS® is a trusted resource for our members’ success and an advocate for the communities we serve.
- The Boards of Directors are the governing body of BCSRAOR and BCSRMLS. The major function of the Board of Directors is to establish Board policy and procedures. The Directors meet once a month.
- Association Director applicants MUST be a primary or secondary member of BCSRAOR and shall have at least two (2) years of experience in real estate.
- MLS Director applicants MUST be an active subscriber of the BCSRMLS, but applicants are NOT required to be a REALTOR® member of the BCSRAOR.
- Qualified candidates will be interviewed at the end of June, prior to being placed on the ballot.
- A Nominating Committee for each Board will meet, in accordance with our Bylaws, to select at least one candidate for each of the vacancies of the board.
- All interested members should complete this form by Monday, June 27, 2022