2020 BCSRAOR & BCSRMLS Board Director Application
The Bryan-College Station Regional Association of REALTORS® & Multiple Listing Service Boards of Directors govern the overall execution of the organization’s mission, establish Board policies and procedures. Principally, the Board manages organizational finances and sets long term priorities for programs, committees and the Multiple Listing Service. The members of the two Boards contribute to the educational, management, legal, and financial skills needed to ensure long term organizational stability and ensure year-to-year excellence for the Bryan-College Station Regional Association of REALTORS® and Multiple Listing Service.
Director terms are for two years. Applicants for the Association Board must be a primary or secondary member of BCSRAOR and shall have at least four (4) years of experience in real estate. Applicants for the MLS Board must be an active subscriber to the BCSRMLS, but are NOT required to be a REALTOR® member of BCSRAOR. Board Member responsibilities on both sides include attendance at monthly in-person meetings, as well as teleconference meetings and active email conversations with other board members and committee chairs, as needed. Attendance policy allows for removal if three meetings are missed without notice.
Declaration of Candidacy
Board positions require personal time and energy commitment that should not be underestimated. Candidates are urged to consider personal priorities for the next two years as well as ways they can contribute to the development of the organization.
Time and Financial Considerations
* Monthly Board Meetings
* Committee Work (Association Directors serve as Liaisons on committees)
* Seven membership luncheons a year. Attendance is not required but certainly encouraged.
* Occasional informal DR meetings.
* One formal DR meeting a year.
TREPAC Support: As with any REALTOR® Board, members will be solicited for investments in TREPAC; 100% participation is sought.
Resources available to prospective director members: Please contact the Association President, MLS President, or Association Executive (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions!
Current members, of the Board of Directors are listed at:
2019 Association Board of Directors
2019 MLS Board of Directors
Applications for both Boards are due by Wednesday, June 19, 2019 by submitting the form below - please remember to hit SUBMIT at the bottom of the form
OUR MISSION STATEMENT: It is the mission of the Bryan-College Station Regional Association of REALTORS® to adhere to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics; to encourage cooperation, member participation and professionalism; to provide the education, programs and services necessary to be a successful REALTOR®; to create legislative awareness and advocate for private property rights and equal housing opportunities; and to improve the quality of life in our communities.
- The Boards of Directors are the governing body of BCSRAOR and BCSRMLS. The major function of the Board of Directors is to establish Board policy and procedures. The Directors meet once a month.
- Association Director applicants MUST be a primary or secondary member of BCSRAOR and shall have at least four (4) years of experience in real estate.
- MLS Director applicants MUST be an active subscriber of the BCSRMLS, but applicants are NOT required to be a REALTOR® member of the BCSRAOR.
- Qualified candidates will be interviewed at the end of June, prior to being placed on the ballot.
- A Nominating Committee for each Board will meet at the end of June to select at least one candidate for each of the vacancies of the board.
- All interested members should complete this form by Wednesday, June 19, 2019